Dernière mise à jour : 19 juil.
Need something new ? You want something fun that'll remind you of your childhood and fried chicken ? As a sides or in a sandwich, you must try this mushroom fillet! SO GOOD.
Here's Nancy's recipe >
Preparation | 10 minutes
Cooking | 2 to 5 minutes
375 ml (1 cup and ½) of flour all purpose
1 pack of oyster mushrooms or King oyster mushrooms**
250 ml (1 cup) of vegetal milk and ½ lemon
80 ml (1/3 cup) of vegan mayonnaise and 250 ml (1 cup) of vegetal milk
80 ml (1/3 cup) of vegetal sour cream and 250 ml (1 cup) of vegetal milk
15 ml (1 tbsp) of brown sugar
15 ml (1 tbsp) of salt
15 ml (1 tbsp) of smoked paprika
10 ml (2 tsp) of onion salt
2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) of dark pepper
2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) of celery salt
2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) of sage
2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) of garlic salt
2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) of origano
1. Tear the King Oysters mushrooms with your fingers to make small or medium pieces as prefered, then put them in a bowl. Add 1 pinch of salt, 1 pinch of garlic salt and 1 pinch of onion salt. Mix well and set aside.
2. Grind the spice mix with a blender into a powder then add it to the flour to complete the dry mix.
3. There's 3 options for the batter (liquid) part:
a) Use buttermilk to do it, add ½ lemon juice to a cup of vegetal milk and let it settle in the fridge all night long.
b) Use 1/3 cup of vegan mayonnaise, blend it with a cup of vegetal milk. This one is ready to use.
c) Use 1/3 cup of vegan sour cream, blend it with a cup of vegetal milk. This one is ready to use.
(Personally, I have chosen the third option with 1/3 cup of Toffuti sour cream and one cup of Silk almond milk, because it’s thicker and creamier. And it blends well.)
5. Dip your mushroom into the batter and then into the dry mix to make a coating. It’s better to execute this step twice for better result. Let it rest on a plate for 5 minutes.
6. Put the mushrooms into hot oil (300 to 350 F°), then let them bake until they have a nice golden color. Turn them as needed. If they turn brown too quickly, it’s because the oil is too hot, so turn down the heat and wait one or two minutes before starting again or it’ll taste mealy.